Online Sales Training & Coaching for Commercial Producers
For 30 years PMA has hired, trained and mentored people for one of the hardest jobs in commercial insurance sales: developing qualified sales opportunities though consultative telemarketing.
Over time we’ve developed a tremendously effective fast track training process. It conveys the best perspectives and skills for making highly productive prospecting calls and managing the ongoing lead-generation operation and prospecting pipeline. In 2021, PMA will begin offering 20/20 Sales Training, an ongoing program of weekly 20-minute modules available by subscription, and delivered right to your agency and your computer over the Internet.
- Created exclusively for commercial P&C insurance producers based more than 10,000 hours of PMA’s in-the-trenches know-how.
- Designed to deliver expert street-level sales skills for connecting, engaging and handling all the thorny sales situations producers encounter in the 21st century marketplace.
- Focused on today’s real insurance sales challenges, 20/20 Sales Training uses a unique 3-fold process of explanation – demonstration – application to convey an arsenal of powerful skills through interactive exercises and real-time dialog with trainers.
20/20 Sales Training is for everyone
Studies show that people only remember 10% of what they hear and 20% of what they read, but about 80% of what they see and do.
Some of the topics covered in the 20/20 Sales Training sessions
- 12 tactics for getting to the decision maker – from Main Street to the C suite
- Assertiveness vs. aggressiveness
- Your value proposition: setting your agency apart from the thundering heard
- The very best ways to use the gatekeeper as a resource
- Attention – where it needs to be and how to keep it there
- Dealing with non sequiturs: put offs, diversions and stalls
- 4 ways to integrate email and phone for prospecting success
- Establishing rapport in under 10 seconds
- How to handle the 12 most common telemarketing situations
- Turning barriers into bridges
- Using the right language to change the frame of reference
- Dealing effectively with “hidden objections” and “second thoughts”
- How to quickly uncover buyers’ pain
- Triangulating power: Making strategic use of third-party endorsements
- How to create winning elevator pitches, napkin proposals and benefit statements
- Start with the end in mind: establishing prospects’ conditions of satisfaction
- Listening and talking – the optimal balance
- X-dates and other events that trigger prospects’ readiness
- The critical importance of seizing the moment of opportunity
- Getting rid of those sales leftovers
- How to avoid cancelled sales appointments
- How to qualify prospects quickly and thoroughly
- Clarity trumps persuasion
- 6 ways to win out over the incumbent
- How to read buying signals
- How to not to lose out to competing agents
- How to be professionally persistent instead of annoying
- Probes for getting to the heart of the prospects’ “buying attitude”
- The best methods for using closed- and open-ended questions